Friday 20 August 2010

Decision through this summer




going under
19th August 2010

In the beginning (and until a few days ago), I was thinking any possible way that I can stay in the UK after graduate
(such as getting a job in Japanese company in London or getting experiences through internship for a year at least).

But I am a Japanese after all.
Even if I can live in London and get a job or have opportunities to present my works,
the place I should be back is that country I have been grown up.
And if I want to work internationally in the future, I need to make a steady foundation,
in one place first.

I also realised that I can look the thing in very different way from 2 years ago.
And of course, Japan is quite comfortable for a Japanese.


The reason why I desperately wanted to get a job in UK was;
Simply, I love UK. including any culture difference and hard experience.
I love its culture, art, music, and living.
So it was my big dream to be able to live and work in there.
Second reason was a fear to be back in Japan.
After I graduated high school, I came to England straightaway, and studied three years.
So I don't know Japanese uni life, and don't have any knowledge to be a member
of the society.
(I became 20 years old during I'm in UK, which is very important border line to be treat as an adult in Japan)

But this time I came back to my hometown, I felt I just didn't know anything.
Staying UK is not the only way to approach my dream and I can't miss the time to learn any general
rules and manners in the society.
If I miss the opportunity to get in to any Japanese society as a new graduate,
they will never teach me again. at least, it will not easy to get a job if you miss 'this' time.

So I think I will be hunting jobs next year in Japan.
This is the decision I made after I considered hearing from many people's advice and researched lots of
information through all this summer.

This was not easy decision,
but this is not the end.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment