Saturday 26 December 2009

Decision















Today was a Boxing day.
Although not all of the shops started to open again,
we went to town to just have a cup of coffee and do something.
(The great escape from our house-bound life!)

I did a sketch, which is the thing I haven't done for so long time,
and I realised that my drawing became awful.
I used to draw something often last year, (at least before this summer)
because I was afraid of losing my drawing skill which I have learned
well in high school.
If I don't draw, I will easily not be able to draw like as it used to be.




When I was learning art at high school, I was taught that the
sketches and dessins are the fundamental skills to visualise my idea.
So I should've drawn something even every single day.

And also when I was talking to my friend today
we realised how we have been lazy for studying.
Not only English.

So I make a decision to draw something a day.
I think it would be a people, perhaps musicians(as usual, for me!).

Here is the first sketch of George Harrison, (The Beatles)
as a starting point.



Tomorrow is London.

No comments:

Post a Comment