Wednesday 3 February 2010

think think think the future



3rd February 2010
crying smile

The new term started and new project has just kicked off yesterday.
Personal Design Project(PDP)

After I did group meeting yesterday
I really worried about my way of working on project

Since I came this country
I supposed to think out side the box, and having various ways of exploring my ideas as much as I can.
But still, I am afraid of trying new method and step in to the unknown area.

And maybe because I am Japanese and have been used to learn things as I told,
I prefer to be in the environment that has things I have to do, and solve.
Which means it is easier for me to work on 'prepared task'.
I like to play around with various materials, and make something out by hand,
and most of them in a 3D way... that is why I am fond of packaging design.
The product is already exist, and all I need to do is finding the best way to introduce,promote, and protect that stuff.


At first I really hate the first project I did in 2nd year:' Time' project
Because I knew the skills like how to draw, how to use tools or that kind of skill that I learned in Japan,
but 'Think' is difficult thing for me to get used to.
But as I went through the project I found out the main reason and purpose of that.
It took really long time, but I think it was good.

But I felt like I have done nothing compared to the quantity of work that I did in 1st year.
So that's why I feel so frustrated and 'time pass so quickly'.

Sometimes I feel myself as really serious person...:P


By the way the workshop I attend today was really nice,
which is about Creating a Portfolio.

UCA is slowly changing...I guess

No comments:

Post a Comment