Tuesday 25 January 2011

Belgium Trip * Day 4 * Brussels



direction
25th January 2011

Final day in Belgium.
It was shame the last day was raining and very cold all day long.

We went to the South station to put our luggage after we check out,
and went to the antique market near the station.
Because it was raining even in the early morning, maybe half of the entire space was empty,
but there are still people selling stuff, and most of them were quite not care about
how the stuff can be dumpy due to rain...

But I could find quite good stuff... satisfied :)



We used Metro to get to the station near the royal palace, and walked to the place where museums are.
The main purpose of our journey in Brussels was to go to the Magritte museum.
But it was closed! because they are putting up the installation art at the moment and it won't be open till February...
Ahhh I wanted to see the real Magritte's pictures which I saw it last time when I was a junior-high student.
Anyway I went to the Royal Museum, but it also having some kind of preparation to the other exhibition.
And I missed the Kandinsky's exhibition which I could have been able to go if Eurostar could run in December...

But it was nice to see Museum of Instrumental.
It was nice to see a lot of interesting Art Nouveau Architecture in Brussels, where was the city of birth of that art culture.





And the battery of my camera was dead on the last day, so I couldn't take many pics.
But I brought my Holga with me too so I can upload it to here when I develop them :)



After the museum, we went to the centre of city.
Went to the antique book hop that we came across yesterday.
I found such a nice pamphlet ( or magazine?) for the old film.
They got single coloured background with nice mixed graphic of black-white drawings and photographs on the front.
Im happy I could get theeemmm :)

(the picture above is just a cute book I found there)

Then had a last lunch there, and went back to the South Station by Metro.
Took a train depart at 4, then finally came back to UK.

It was fun,and I am glad I could finally went to Belgium after the twice failure...
Besides, we could go to the 3 cities, and had enough time for each to walk and see around.
Oh I have to bind a new scrapbook for this journey...!

No comments:

Post a Comment